- Screening cognitive fitness to drive: reliability, predictive validity and practicality of existing tools for use in medical practice, including touchscreen DriveSafe DriveAware (a brief cognitive driver screen designed for GPs).
- The impact of stroke, brain injury, aneurism and other neurological impairments on driving capacity and potential for return to driving.
- Applying the Austroads Medical Guidelines / Working within licensing authority policies and procedures
- Assessing physical capacity for driving
- Vehicle modifications for patients with injuries and disabilities
- Driver remediation for common medical conditions and disabilities.
- Withdrawing driving privilege / conflict management
- Further assessment referral pathways
Medical and health professionals.
The venue is Oatlands Golf Club, Bettington Road, Oatlands, Sydney, Australia or contact us if you would like this course offered in your area (minimum 8 participants).
The course is offered as a half day workshop (9am to 1pm).