- The driver assessment process
- Off-road screening of cognition, vision and physical capacity for driving
- On-road assessment procedures
- The impact of specific conditions on driving
- Vehicle ergonomics and pain management
- Report writing and clinical reasoning
- Remediation and vehicle modification
- High level needs and driving
- Passenger only assessment
- Licensing policies and procedures
High standards of achievement are set in this intensive course, to reflect the level of responsibility assumed by a qualified driving assessor. Participants are required to complete both driving and theoretical course components including a practical driving test and assignments that must be submitted during the course. All assessment tasks are graded at a level appropriate for a post-graduate subject and a satisfactory standard must be achieved before a certificate of course completion and a driving assessor registration number is issued.
To be eligible to enrol applicants must be a qualified Occupational Therapist; provide a certified copy of their occupational therapy degree or their AHPRA number during the course; have a minimum of two years postgraduate experience; and, hold a current driver’s license.
Course Dates and Delivery:
The venue is Oatlands Golf Club, Bettington Road, Oatlands, Sydney, Australia.